Gold Plated Jewelry Care Instructions
The metallic pieces I use are plated with a matte gold finish (with the exception of hex nuts, which are non-plated brass). Here are some ways to maximize the life of the jewelry you purchase that has metallic gold-plated elements pieces:
- Avoid getting any fragrance on your jewelry, putting on your pieces after you've sprayed any perfume to avoid it interacting with the metal.
- Wait to put your jewelry on until your moisturizer is absorbed.
- Do not wear your gold plated jewelry while exercising, swimming or showering.
- Wipe your jewelry gently after wearing it with a very soft cloth or cotton ball to remove buildup of dust or dirt.
- If possible, keep it stored in a zipper bag away from sun when not wearing to extend its life and reduce premature tarnishing or fading.